Introduction to LED Grow Light
The light sources suitable for plant supplement light include: high-pressure sodium lamps, metal halide lamps, ceramic metal halide lamps, microwave sulfur lamps, plasma lamps, fluorescent lamps, electrodeless lamps and tri-color rare earth fill light lamps,LED Grow Light lamps, etc. The most commonly used are sodium lamps, metal halide lamps and LED Grow Light for plant supplement light. Others are relatively niche or very expensive
High-pressure sodium lamps can be divided into ordinary sodium lamps, high-efficiency sodium lamps, and sodium lamps for plant lighting. Commonly used are 250w, 400w, 600w, and 1000w. The current trend is that the larger the power, the better, because it is very simple, a set of 1000w system is cheaper than two sets of 400w system and the coverage is large and the effect is better.
Ordinary sodium lamps are inexpensive and have low luminous flux. As the name suggests, high-efficiency sodium lamps have higher luminous flux, but these are not real sodium lamps for Grow Light, but only used as street lamps.
The sodium lamp for LED Grow Light must have the correct spectrum and high lumen output; while the high-efficiency sodium lamp has high lumen output, the content of red and blue light in the spectrum is much lower than that of the plant sodium lamp, and the useless green light is higher than the plant sodium lamp. 7-9 times, it can only waste energy under the effect. That's why some customers asked why the growth effect is not obvious, and you are using the wrong light.
LED Grow Lightis a new high-tech product that has emerged with white LED lighting in the last 5 years or so. Many domestic research institutes have only started or completed experiments on "the effect of different LED light qualities on plants" in recent years. The quality of LED Grow Light is determined by the chip, and the quality of the domestic chip used in the current plant light is not enough. Therefore, we can only choose the imported chip-encapsulated led lamp beads to produce LED Grow Light , which leads to high cost of lamp production. However, because of its accurate light quality and artificial combination adjustment, high photosynthetic radiation per unit power consumption, good lighting effect of plants, low operating cost (super power saving) and many other advantages, it is deeply loved by agricultural research institutes and intelligent institutions all over the world. Favored by chemical plants and factories. However, since 2012, some private workshops have joined the lighting manufacturing camp. These people don't understand agricultural technology, and they don't have product experimentation conditions. They don't consider safety issues. They just purchase components to assemble at will, and the price of finished products is super cheap. This inferior and ineffective so-called "LED Grow Light " is disrupting the originally difficult market environment. This problem is also the current situation facing the white light LED market. Therefore, when choosing LED Grow Light, you must keep your eyes open. It is best to choose to build a factory before 2012. The products have quality assurance, brand names, and reasonably priced products. You should not be greedy for cheap and suffer huge economic losses and safety accidents.
Different plants have different requirements for the spectrum. For example, lettuce is red/blue 4:1, strawberry 5:1, general-purpose 8:1, some need to increase infrared and ultraviolet, but some factories do not understand all the spectra. At the same time, it is said that the full spectrum is suitable for any plant, but because it contains ultraviolet rays, it kills the orchids. Fortunately, it is not the kind of hundreds of thousands. White light contains all the spectra, so someone made a white LED, which is full spectrum. Philips also did this stupid thing. And I did an experiment. The same plant used two 200w white lights on one side and a 90w UFO (red and blue 1:1) and 90w square (red and blue 8:1) on the same plant. The plants under white light a week later Obviously it grows slower than using red and blue lights. Don't be superstitious about white light. At most, add a few white LEDs to the red and blue lights to improve the use, not as the main light. The output lumens of the LED itself is not high. Some customers say that Philips’s is useless, because these Philips T-tube lamps have a maximum of 20w, and a frosted lampshade is added, which loses part of the lumens. How many micromoles can be left when hanging high and shooting on plants? It's only strange if it works. LED Grow Light below 50 watts are suitable for use close to plants, and are more suitable for plant tissue culture (layered planting), family gardening and vegetable cultivation, and soilless cultivation in small spaces, while LED Grow Light above 50 watts are suitable for use in greenhouses , The light distance from the main crop canopy area should be controlled within 2.5 meters.
LED Grow Light application
After application tests, the plant light is very suitable for plant growth, flowering and fruiting. Generally, indoor plants and flowers will grow worse with time due to the lack of natural light. By using plant lights with the required spectrum of plants, not only can they promote their growth, but they can also prolong the flowering period and improve the quality of the flowers. The application of this high-efficiency light source system to agricultural production such as greenhouses, greenhouses and other facilities, on the one hand, can solve the shortcomings of the lack of sunlight that causes the taste of tomatoes, cucumbers and other greenhouse vegetables to decrease, and on the other hand, it can also make winter solanum vegetables in advance. It will be listed around the Spring Festival, so as to achieve the purpose of off-season cultivation
(1) As artificial supplementary lighting, the lighting can be enhanced at any time from 5 in the morning to 23:00 in the evening, and the effective lighting time can be extended.
(2) Regardless of whether it is sunny, cloudy or rainy, the light required by plants can be reasonably and effectively extended and scientifically controlled, as long as you have mastered this light supplement product and product application technology.
(3) In the greenhouse or plant laboratory, it can replace natural light to ensure healthy plant growth and promote better plant growth.
Light environment is one of the important physical environmental factors that are indispensable for plant growth and development. Controlling plant morphology through light quality regulation is an important technology in the field of facility cultivation.
As a high-power product, you should choose a product with good quality and safety assurance, and pay attention to safe use of electricity when installing and using it.
The LED used in the field of plant cultivation also exhibits the following characteristics: rich wavelength types, just in line with the spectral range of plant photosynthesis and light morphology; narrow half-width of the spectrum wave width, can be combined as needed to obtain pure monochromatic light and composite spectrum; can be concentrated The specific wavelength of light irradiates the crops in a balanced manner; not only can adjust the flowering and fruiting of the crops, but also control the plant height and the nutrient content of the plants; the system generates less heat and occupies a small space, and can be used in a multi-layer cultivation three-dimensional combination system to achieve low heat load And miniaturization of the production space; in addition, its strong durability also reduces operating costs. Because of these remarkable characteristics, LEDs are very suitable for plant cultivation in a controlled facility environment, such as plant tissue culture, facility gardening and factory seedlings, and aerospace ecological life support systems.
Research on LED's Application in Plant Facility Cultivation
The area of horticultural facilities in China has developed rapidly, and the light environment control lighting technology for plant growth has attracted attention. Facility horticulture lighting technology is mainly used in two aspects: first, as supplementary lighting for plant photosynthesis when the amount of sunshine is small or short, and second, as inducing lighting for plant photoperiod and light morphology.
1. Research on LED as supplementary lighting for plant photosynthesis. Traditional artificial light sources generate too much heat. If LED supplementary lighting and hydroponic systems are used, air can be recycled, excess heat and water can be removed, and electricity can be removed. Efficiently transform into effective photosynthetic radiation, and finally into plant matter. Studies have shown that the use of LED lighting can increase the growth rate and photosynthesis rate of lettuce by more than 20%, and it is feasible to use LEDs in plant factories. Studies have found that, compared with fluorescent lamps, mixed-wavelength LED light sources can significantly promote the growth and development of spinach, radishes and lettuce, and improve morphological indicators; it can maximize the bioaccumulation of sugar beet, and the most significant accumulation of betanin in hair roots, and is produced in hair roots The highest sugar and starch accumulation. Compared with metal halide lamps, the anatomical morphology of the stems and leaves of pepper and perilla plants grown under LEDs that match the wavelength has changed significantly, and as the optical density increases, the photosynthetic rate of the plants increases. LEDs with multiple wavelengths can increase the number of stomata in marigold and sage plants.
2. LEDs are used as induced lighting for plant photoperiod and light morphology. LEDs with specific wavelengths can affect the flowering time, quality and duration of the flowering period of plants. LEDs of certain wavelengths can increase the number of flower buds and flowering of plants; LEDs of certain wavelengths can reduce the flower formation response, regulate the length of the stalk and the flowering period, which is conducive to the production and marketing of cut flowers. It can be seen that the flowering and subsequent growth of plants can be regulated by LED regulation.
3. Research on LED application in aerospace ecological life support system
Establishing a Controlled Ecological Life Support System (CELSS) is the fundamental way to solve the problem of long-term manned aerospace life support. The cultivation of higher plants is an important element of CELSS, and one of the keys is light.
Based on the special requirements of the space environment, the light source used in space higher plant cultivation must have high luminous efficiency, output light waves suitable for plant photosynthesis and light morphogenesis, small size, light weight, long life, high safety and reliability records and no environment Pollution and other characteristics. Compared with other light sources such as cool white fluorescent lamps, high-pressure sodium lamps and metal halide lamps, LEDs are more effective in converting light energy into photosynthetically effective radiation, and plants have a better light supplement effect; in addition, it has a long life, small size, light weight and It is solid and other characteristics, therefore, LED is paid more attention to in ground and space plant cultivation. Studies have shown that LED lighting systems can provide lighting with uniform spectral energy distribution, and the efficiency of converting electrical energy into light required by plants is more than 520 times that of metal halide lamps.